How to Fix When a Canon Printer Do Not Scan in Windows 10
Did you upgrade your Windows to version 10? Well, there is one problem you might face if you are a Canon printer user.
Recently some users mentioned that after they upgraded their Windows to version 10, they were not able to scan with their Canon printers. While clicking the preview scan option, the scanner produces a preview copy but when they pressed the Scan option, the scanner stops mid-way.
If this has happened with you too, then here is some helpful advice that might help you to fix the problem.
(PS – If these steps fail to work or if you think you will be more comfortable by getting professional help, then get in touch with a good Canon printer tech support)
So, let’s begin.
- Check the Compatibility of the Scanner for Windows 10
An all-in-one Canon printer and the scanner will surely fail to work if it is not compatible with the Windows 10 version. You can visit the official website of Canon or read the manual of your printer to find out whether it is compatible with Win 10 or not. Generally, Canon printers are compatible with Windows 10 but not with Win 10 S. So, if you are a user of Win 10 S then you might need to think of an alternate Windows edition to avail the scan option of your Canon printers.
- Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
In Windows, you will find two troubleshooters that can assist when your Canon printer is not scanning. To get a solution to fix a scanning problem of a Canon Printer, you can opt for Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Another helpful option is Printer troubleshooter for two-in-one printer and scanner. Follow these steps to open troubleshooters in Windows 10 –
- Write “Troubleshoot” in the search panel
- Select on it and open the troubleshooter list of the Settings app
- Choose the Hardware and Devices option
- Click on “Run the troubleshooter” and check out the suggestions of the troubleshooter
Also, you can select the Run the troubleshooter button of your printer in order to open the troubleshooter.
- The Power saver Option
You can select the power saver option for your Windows 10 to fix the issue of your Canon printer not scanning. You can search for the power saver option and then click on the Choose a power plan option. From there, you can select the power saver option.
- Use MF Toolbox 4.9 to scan documents
A Canon alternative to Windows Scan and Fax utility is the MF Toolbox 4.9. In case your Canon Printer is unable to scan for Windows 10, you can use MF Toolbox 4.9 instead of Windows Fax and Scan. For scanning with the help of MF toolbox 4.9, follow this instruction –
- Download the MF toolbox 4.9 and archive it to Windows
- Open the MF toolbox 4.9 with a 7-zip
- After installing the MF toolbox, you can open the Properties window by right-clicking on the desktop shortcut or .exe.
- Click on the compatibility tab option – “Run compatibility troubleshooter”
- Choose the Run this program in compatibility mode and get a checkbox
- From the drop-down menu, select Windows 8
- Select the “Apply” button to confirm the new settings and click ok
- Now, select the Scan-1 option from the MF toolbox toolbar and start scanning.
If your Canon printer is still reluctant to scan for Windows 10, then it’s better to opt for a Canon printer technical support.
- Update the Driver of the Printer
Another sought-after procedure to fix mid-way hang of Canon printers while scanning for Windows 10 is to update the printer’s driver. Get to know the latest version of Canon printers and update it according to your printer model. For more information, you can consult an expert from Canon printer online tech support.
These are some of the proven effective techniques that you might follow while your Canon printer is not being able to scan for Windows 10. But even after implementing these techniques, your Canon printer is still not scanning then the problem might be more complicated. In a situation like this, it is better to avail expert guidance from a Canon printer customer service.
Be smart and take the right decision.