Frequently Asked Questions about Printer Tech Support
Here at FixMyPrinter, the highly qualified tech team will answer each and every printer tech support queries of customers. They will provide solutions that are direct to the viewpoint of the customers. The expert tech team will give solutions in simple language so that non-technical people can understand it without any trouble.
If you have any sort of query, dial us at the toll-free number – +1-(888) 389-7498 (USA and Canada).
Our tech support team deals with thousands of queries each day. Here are some frequently asked questions along with solutions –
1. How to scan a document with an HP printer?
Our tech support team often deals with this type of question. The most sought-after solution for such HP printer tech support related issues is –
- First, you need to connect a computer to your HP Printer
- Then place the document on the scanner in a face-down manner
- Now, you need to open Windows Fax and Scan
- Click on the New Scan option
- Set your Canon printer as the scanner
- Choose color and file type settings
- Preview and Scan
2. How to fix paper-jamming issues of a printer?
In many cases, our clients encounter paper-jamming issues while printing and they often dial up our toll-free number – +1-(888) 389-7498.
The quick fix printer tech support to this problem is –
- Before you start fixing paper-jamming issues of your printer, you have to make sure that the printer has completed the process of receiving and sending of faxes before the power chord is disconnected. If it is a necessity to turn off the printer to solve the paper-jam issue, then you must press the stop button and then turn off the power button and unplug the power chord.
- If there is a paper on the front tray then you need to eliminate it. Also, do not touch the clear film in any circumstances as you might damage it. Ensure that the jammed paper is not present under the cartridge holder. You need to move the cartridge filter in order to remove the paper.
- Pull out the jammed paper in such a way so that you do not tear it. In case it is torn, remove each and every piece carefully from the printer.
- Now you can close the output cover and reload the printer in a proper way.
3. What to do if your printer is not connecting to a wireless network?
Sometime it might occur that your printer might not connect to a wireless network. The printer tech support for these issues varies depending on the type of printer you are using. Also, you must know the Wi-Fi network name (i.e. SSID) and password.
Additionally, you should follow these steps –
- In several cases, your printer will only connect to a Wi-Fi network through a built-in menu system. Read the documentation of the printer for assistance.
- You can use the WPS button on your printer provided that both the router and the printer support WPS push-to-connect. All you need to do is, first push the WPS button of your printer then press the router’s WPS button. The connection will be established automatically.
- For older wireless printers, you might have to connect your printer to a computer first in order to set a wireless connection. This is also very common is those printers which do not have a built-in menu but supports the wireless network. You can use a USB to connect your printer to your computer and then set up the wireless connection using the included software.
This is a general procedure that can be followed if you are unable to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network.
4. How to increase the printing speed of a printer?
If a printer works at a slow rate then the productivity of your business will get affected. We, at FixMyPrinters, provide online printer tech support solutions for such problems.
Here’s what you need to do –
- Printer Setting Change
The printing speed of a printer depends on the quality of the printing. If you want to lower the quality of your printing for lesser important documents then you can go to the printer preferences screen by right-clicking on the Control Panel’s Devices and Printers section. Then click on the Printer Preferences. In this section, you will find the option of increasing the printer speed by reducing the quality of the output. Also, if you opt for grayscale printing rather than color printing, then the speed will increase.
- Download the Printer Drivers
For better performance and application of the latest bug fixes, you need to download and install the up-to-date version of your printer driver. Additionally, if want to enhance the compatibility of your printer with other software and hardware of your system then you must you update its driver. This will increase the speed of the printer.
- Close other Programs
Clearing up RAM and CPU resources by closing non-essential applications can increase the speed of your printer to a moderate level.
- Use USB
Another very effective method, which can increment the speed of your printer, is using USB chords and attaching your printer directly with a computer.
5. How to solve Spooler Issues while installing a printer in Windows System?
Have you ever received a “printer spooler service” error while installing a printer for Windows system? If your answer is yes then this guideline will be helpful for you.
Spooler Error can be solved if you follow these steps –
- In order to run dialog box, press Window Key + R
- Now, you need to type service.msc and click on the ok button.
- The Printer Spooler service option will appear and you have to double click on that.
- Once you are done with this, you need to change the startup type to Automatic.
- Select Ok.
- You can restart the computer and then install the printer again.
6. When do you need to change the cartridge of your printer?
Your printer will let you know that the ink is soon to run out by showcasing a message. As soon as you notice such message, place an order for new cartridges. Do not install it until the printer stops printing or the color fades. If you have a laser printer then you can take out the existing cartridge and shake it from side to side. This will allow you to use the rest of the toner.
7. How to fix double letter printing for Epson Printers?
In order to solve double letter printing issues in Epson Printers, follow these steps –
- Open the Settings Pane by pressing Windows-W
- In the search field, type Printers
- From the result, click on the “Devices and Printers” option
- Right click on the devices from Printers and Faxes
- Select the Printing Preferences option from Context menu
- Choose the Maintenance tab
- Click on the Head Cleaning option and select Start (this will clean nozzles of the print head)
- After the process is over, click Finish option
- Select the Print Head Alignment button and complete the wizard by following the onscreen prompts
8. How to solve “Ghosting” issues in a laser printer?
Printer ghosting issues is a common issue in laser prints and it produces printouts that are faded. You can easily mend this problem by –
- Properly placing the printer in a room – Ideally, if you place your printer in a moisture-free room then it will last longer and produce better quality printouts. Also, if you keep it in a place where humid content is more then it will clot the toner, which results in ghosting.
- Make sure that the fuser unit is working properly – If the fuser unit of your printer is malfunctioning then it can lead to printer ghosting. So adjust and repair the functioning of the fuser by following the printer’s operation manual.
- Repair or Replace the Drum Unit – In the case of a laser printer, an ill-working drum unit can lead to printer ghosting. It is responsible for forming the output by transferring the toner powder onto the surface of the paper. So, fix it when damaged.
9. What to do if white lines appear while you are printing?
In such scenarios, you should –
- Clean the clogged up printer head
- Remove and clean the ink cartridge
- Check the settings of the printer of your computer to make adjustments.
Some common FAQs regarding our organization –
1. What are the services that we provide?
Our tech expert team provides services on –
- Installation of printers
- Increasing the speed of the printer
- Setting the configuration of a printer
- Services related to Spooler issues
- Paper-jamming problem
- Ink and cartridge related issues
- Installation and Un-installation of printer’s driver
- A printer is not printing
- Remote network issues
- Decoding and troubleshooting of error messages
- Printer not connecting to Wi-Fi
- A printer is double printing
- Half printing issues
- Printer going offline
- Printer detection error
2. Which are the brands of printers for which we provide tech support?
We provide tech support for –
- HP Printers
- Brother Printers
- Canon Printers
- Dell Printers
- Epson Printers
- Lexmark Printers
3. What are the types of printer we support?
We provide –
- Inkjet Printer Technical Support
- Laser Printer Technical Support
- Wireless Printer Technical Support
- Dot Matrix Printer Technical Support
4. Do we provide hardware solutions for your printer?
No, here at FixMyPrinters, we do not provide solutions for hardware related issues. We only give technical support for your printer.
5. Are we an Annual Maintenance Cost provider?
We are not an AMC provider. We provide an instant solution to your technical printer related queries.
6. Where do we operate?
We operate from the USA and Canada. Our services cover each and every region of the USA and Canada.
7. Do we provide 24*7 services?
Yes, we provide 24*7 services to our valuable customers. To us, customer satisfaction is the top most priority. We cater to every need of our valued customers through quick response through telephone or emails.
8. How much do our services cost?
The technical professionals at FixMyPrinters provide solutions to printer related issues at affordable prices. It is the best online solution provider in the market.
9. What does our payment procedure consist of?
Our payment structure mainly consists of –
- Online Bank Transfer
10. What should you do if you are not happy with our services?
In case you are not happy with our services, you can check our Refund Policies from our official website.
11. How can you reach us?
If you want any kind of assistance related to your printer, you can call us. Our toll-free number is +1-(888) 389-7498 (Canada and USA). You can also contact us through email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are the most common queries of our valuable clients. If you have any question regarding printer tech support and services, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number. We will provide you with apt solutions.
Printer Tech Support in-
Alabama, Alaska, AmericanSamoa, Arizona , Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, US Virgin Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Manitoba