Easy Steps to Solve Laser Printer Paper-Jam Issues
Paper jam issues are quite common in all types of printers. While using a laser printer, if a paper gets stuck it can cause a paper-jam problem. Generally, this kind of issue occurs when you use a bad quality paper that is filled with dirt and moisture. Often, even after the paper is stuck, the laser printer will continue to push it. As a result, you will end up with a crumpled paper that contains uneven printing. But in most cases, on encountering a paper-jam issue, the printer will quit printing. On facing this problem, your laser printer will let you know about it by showing a message or flashing light.
Paper-jam issues are quite frustrating to deal with. However, it is not rocket science to solve the issue.
Here’s how you can deal with a paper-jam issue of a Laser Printer –
- First and foremost, it is recommended that you follow instructions of your printer’s manual. Mostly, you will get solutions on how to fix a paper-jam issue from the user guide.
- Another way to fix this issue is by looking for instructions on the printer itself. You will be provided with certain diagnostic information like where to look for the issue and how to pull out the paper that has been stuck etc. On following these instructions, you will be able to easily solve a paper-jam issue of your Laser printer.
- After reading the user’s guide or the printer instructions, turn off the printer. Remember one thing that Laser printers are equipped with fusers which emit heat. Therefore, in case the paper is stuck near the fuser unit, you need to let it cool down. After the printer is cooled off, you are safe to touch the stuck paper.
- Now, to get full access to the jammed paper, you will have to open any door or pull any tray of the printer. Gaining proper access to the stuck paper will make it easier for you to pull it out.
- After gaining access to the stuck paper, it is important that you pull out each and every bit of it. Some of the common places in Laser printer where paper-jam occurs frequently are – paper output and input tray, toner cartridge, fuser unit etc. The best way to pull out a jammed paper from a laser printer is by pulling out the toner cartridge and clearing every bit of paper that has been stuck inside it. After that, make sure to put the toner cartridge in the right position. Another important thing that you must keep in mind is that you should pull the paper towards the direction in which it feeds normally. If you pull it in the opposite direction, it can cause damage to the printer.
So, these are the techniques following which you can easily solve paper-jam issues in a laser printer. However, if the problem still persists, get in touch with the expert professionals of FixMyPrinters. We are just a call away.