While printing using a Brother printer, the device might not print and also the status shows – Printer is Offline. It is quite frustrating to deal with issues like this, especially when we have something urgent to print. However,
It is not rocket science to deal with this technical glitch. All you need to do is follow certain specific techniques and voilà, the issue is solved.
Here is how you can solve Brother Printer offline issues in no time –
1. Make sure your Brother Printer is selected as the default printer. Often, your device will choose the printer if it’s not set as the default printer. To do so, follow these steps –
- Hold the Win + R together and then type control.
- Click on the Enter button
- Control panel will appear on the screen, from there select Devices and Printers
- After that, choose Brother Printer as the Set as a default printer by right-clicking on the Brother Printer option
2. Another reason why your Brother Printer might not be working is that it might have been paused or set as offline. To un-pause it and set it online, follow these steps –
- Select Devices and Printers from Control Panel
- Now, right click on the Brother Printer and choose ‘See What’s Printing’
- A window will appear on the screen. There click on ‘Printer’ and choose open as administrator.
- Select the Printer option again and check whether the Use printer offline and Pause printing is selected. If they are selected, un-select them.
3. Often an outdated printer driver can cause this problem. As a result, you need to update the printer driver as soon as possible. To do so,
- Select Devices and Printers from the Control Panel
- Now, right click on the Brother printer and choose the Remove device option.
- After that, download the latest version of the Brother Printer driver from the Brother official software download website.
4. In order to resolve the issues, make sure to cancel previous printer jobs.
- Click on Devices and Printers available in Control Panel
- Click on Brother Printer and choose ‘See What’s Printing’
- Now, click on Open As Administrative after clicking on the Printer option
- After that, select Cancel All Documents and click on Yes
5. Lastly, another way you can fix the issue by updating the firmware of the printer.
So, following all these techniques, you can easily solve Brother Printer offline issues. However, in case you are still having trouble, contact the expert tech professionals of FixMyPrinters at +1-888-336-7133.